On Friday 11 July 2003 03.41, Adam Aube wrote:

> Quite frankly, if you can use NTLM auth, do it. That is the one
> feature in IE that I wish other browsers would emulate.

The NTLM over HTTP is fundamentally broken in it's design and should
never have seen the light. A classical "do it our way without regards
to standards" invention by Microsoft.

The exact same thing (automatic single sign on, without risking the
users private password) is fully possible to do with Digest MD5-sess
authentication, and I wish browser and OS vendors would see the light
and do so.

http://www.marasystems.com/, [EMAIL PROTECTED]