On Friday 11 July 2003 03.12, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> just the adobe thing is the pain.   that's why i was hoping for an
> acl that says this is adobe, use no auth (as most people won't be
> doing much 'surfing' from adobe web capture.

Then just add a http_access line which allows adobe access before
where you require authentication.

The tricky part is how to identify adobe... if it is just a limited
set of servers involved then the dst or dstdomain acl types is most
suitable. It may also be possible to use the browser acl type, but
this opens a possibility that users finds this out and reconfigures
their browsers to claim to be the adobe product in question thereby
bypassing authentication..

Regards
Henrik

http://www.marasystems.com/, [EMAIL PROTECTED]