Adam Luchjenbroers (by way of Adam Luchjenbroer) wrote:

This was posted under "Configuration", sorry for using such a generic name but I was tired at the time.

How would I go about tracking duration of usage and downloading of data by a
specific user.

Identification would likely be by using login/pass for proxy, or just
terminal login and ident.

The proxy will be used in a kiosk environment, where each person can use it
and then be billed for time used/data transfered.

If information regarding both these statistics can also be provided to the
user, it would be good :)

Hi Adam,

There are quite a few good pieces of software around to analyse log files from Squid.

pwebstats is all written in Perl so you can hack away at it and make it your bitch:
http://martin.gleeson.com/pwebstats/

I would also reccomend taking a look at sourceforge.net as I recall some projects going on there at some point.

--
Regards,