Schelstraete Bart wrote:

Gator wrote:

I am finding that Squid (2.5.STABLE2) will fail when the log files reach
a certain size.  I moved them off to access.log.2 and store.log.2 and
life was fine again.

1624135928 Aug  8 10:36 access.log.2
2147483647 Aug  8 09:02 store.log.2

How do I set up these files to rotate automatically so this doesn't
happen again?

You cannot do that automatically. What I'm doing is create a cronjob that rotates the logfiles every night and is creating statistics for that day.
Squid doesn't have a limit on the file size, but the filesystem has a 2Gb filesize limit.

Sorry my mistake. Squid should be modified to allow files bigger then 2 gigs.......but the question is: Who wants that????
I think nobody wants to use this.

rgrds,

Bart