Hi!!

Thanks for the answers. I am still facing problems, though.

I am still using the following rules:

always_direct allow free_www
always_direct deny all
never_direct allow all

What I get is that the users not included in free_www begin their browsing
through the cache_peer, but then, suddenly, the start browsing DIRECT !!!

What may be going wrong?

TIA,
Carlos Zottmann.

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 11:55:22AM -0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am not managing how to direct some users to access external sites
directly
> from de squid box, and others to go through another antivirus/proxy that
we
> have here.
>
> If I use only "never_direct allow all", everyone goes through the
> antivirus/proxy, but if I use the configuration below, everyone goes
direct
> !!!
> What can be wrong?

Mixing both always_direct and never_direct may cause problems. I don't
claim to really understand the difference. I have read the comments in
the squid.conf dozens of times but still don't get the idea what happens
exactly when you mix them. Perhaps I need to read the source code
itself.

> always_direct allow free_www
> always_direct deny all
> never_direct allow all

The last two lines may confuse squid. Leave the last line off and tell
it to...
| always_direct allow free_www
| always_direct deny all

This way the free_www destinations are always reached directly
(following your local routing table) and all other requests are sent via
your parent proxy.

 Christoph

Voce quer um iGMail protegido contra vírus e spams?
Clique aqui: http://www.igmailseguro.ig.com.br
Ofertas imperdíveis! Link: http://www.americanas.com.br/ig/