Hi all!

Have seen in the FAQ and also in the mailarchives that running out of filedescriptors is not very uncommon. But I haven't seen anyone writing about this issue in Mac OSX Server.

We run Squid as a http-accelerator and when our webserver is very busy, Squid keeps saying:
WARNING! Your cache is running out of filedescriptors

In Mac OS X Server when you run the command sysctl -a you see that:
        kern.maxfiles = 32768

That is also recognized by Squid when you ./configure:
        checking Maximum number of filedescriptors we can open... 32768

But the funny thing, is that when you start Squid, you see in the cache-log:
With 1024 file descriptors available

So, the problem here seems that Squid "forgets" that it has 32768 filedescriptors when running...

Can anyone advise?

Regards,
Micke Moggia