Hi,

I'm currently using SQUID 2.5 STABLE3 offering the NTLM and the basic
authentications schemes, i.e. users using Internet Explorer - 5.5 and 6 -
are authenticated transparently.
When a java applet is to be loaded from a website an authentication
dialogbox appears and the credentials have to be entered explicitely.

When I understand it correctly the reason for this is that squid
authenticates a socket (ip address and source port).  When the Java Virtual
Machine is not part of the browser but a different process the browser's
authentication is not valid for the JVM.

Is there a way to avoid the JVM authentication box ?

Regards

Wolfgang