On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, nikonlinux wrote:

> Hi, everybody...
>
> I´m heavi this freak problem...
>
> I´ve setting up a Linux Box as Squid-cahe and gatway
> for may network. The problem is:
>
>  LAN: 129.12.7.0/24
>
>  Gateway/Proxy: --> eth0: 129.12.7.1/24
>                --> eth1: 129.12.7.2/24
>
>  ADSL-Router: 129.12.7.254/24
>
> (see: It´s all in the same class C)

This won't work unless you know very well what you are doing..
multi-homing with the same network on boths sides is tricky.

I would strongly advice you to move at least one of the sides to another
IP segment. The easiest would probably be to move the ADSL router to a
private IP range such as 192.168.0.254/24.

If you absolutely need to have the same IP segment on both sides then see
information on how to set up a proxy-arp gateway. This contains
information on how to tell the server in the middle how the network is
divided between the two LAN interfaces.

Regards
Henrik