Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, David Landgren wrote:

reply_body_max_size 0 allow user_davidl user_tomn

This is a contradiction and can never be true. The same request can not come from both users at the same time.

What you want is a single ACL listing all users in this category of users, and then refer to this single acl in reply_body_max_size. The logics of reply_body_max_size is idendical to that of http_access:

Squid FAQ 10.1 Access Controls Introduction
<url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html#ss10.1>

Just for the record, this was indeed the problem. I'm kicking myself for not having thought about ANDing ACLs. I've changed the above to

reply_body_max_size         0 allow user_davidl
reply_body_max_size         0 allow user_tomn

and of course everything works correctly now. Thanks Henrik.

David
--
Commercial OS breeds commerce, whereas free OS breeds freedom,
the only thing more dangerous and confusing than commerce.