Hi!!

There is a tool called "squeezer" that generates lots of squid statistics,
including the amount of bandwith saved.

You can find lots of squid related tools (including squeezer) in
http://www.squid-cache.org/Scripts/

Regards,
Carlos.

Em 18 Nov 2003, Antony Stone escreveu:

>On Tuesday 18 November 2003 9:37 am, Payal Rathod wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> A friend of mine who own a cybercafe and has squid setup as a caching
>> proxy. She is charged per Mb of download. Is it possible to know how
>> much bandwidth is saved due to squid? If yes, how do I go about it?
>
>The squid log file tells you what size the response to each request was,
and
>whether it was served from the cache or from the real server.
>
>Processing the logfile to pick out the number of bytes for HITs in a given
>time period should give you a good indication of the savings due to squid;
>comparing this to the number of bytes for MISSes in the same time will give
>you a percentage.
>
>Remember that there will be a small overhead you can never eliminate due to
>DNS lookups, and HEAD requests etc to see if a file is newer than cached.
>
>Regards,
>
>Antony.
>
>--
>
>There are two possible outcomes.
>
>If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement.
>If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.
>
> - Enrico Fermi
> Please reply to the
>list;
> please don't CC
>me.

Voce quer um iGMail protegido contra vírus e spams?
Clique aqui: http://www.igmailseguro.ig.com.br
Ofertas imperdíveis! Link: http://www.americanas.com.br/ig/