Hi!

I sent a message that I think didn´t get to the list, regarding this issue
..

You can block Kazaa using string-match blocking, through a device capable of
doing so (cisco router, linux iptables firewall, etc...)

If you block string that Kazaa uses ("X-Kazaa-Client", or "get ./hash", for
instance), than you get to block Kazaa traffic successfully.

I know that Snort has a signature that detects Kazaa traffic, and you may
look at that rule as well, in order to choose your string-match rule.

Check if you can use string-match rules in your hardware firewall, and
you´re done...

Regards,
Carlos.

Em 29 Nov 2003, Henrik Nordstrom escreveu:

>On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Robert S wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I've seen various suggestions around the place, but none look
>> workable. What other ports would I need to block to block kazaa/kazaa
>> lite?
>
>There was an article in Linux Journal on how to block kazaa not long
>ago.. unfortunately I don't have it around.
>
>Regards
>Henrik

Voce quer um iGMail protegido contra vírus e spams?
Clique aqui: http://www.igmailseguro.ig.com.br
Ofertas imperdíveis! Link: http://www.americanas.com.br/ig/