I get the NTLM login box. I split the patch file up into three parts, one for each of the files that get patched. The problem is with the last file that get's patched, external_acl.c. Everything works fine until this file gets patched. I do use the wbinfo_group.pl external acl helper:

external_acl_type wbinfo_group_helper children=10 ttl=3600 negative_ttl=10 %LOGIN /usr/local/squid/libexec/wbinfo_group.pl