yes it is, I got this message just after a squid -k reconfigure when the
client failed, but I think it is related, isn't it?

I've found the Squid patches page and installed the "Random auth popups and
account lockouts when using NTLM" patch, and desactivated the challenge
reuse. It seems to work fine, but I've not tested enough to be sure that's
the problem is solved

---
Stéphane Davy - Consultant Alcôve

Architecture technique
BICS - Banque Populaire

                      Henrik Nordstrom

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     Pour :   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                                cc : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      24/02/2004 14:41          Objet :  Re: [squid-users] NTLM auth
failed only for some client

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I've setup a Squid 2.5STABLE4 with ntlm authentication using Samba 3.0.1
> authenticators and it works fine, except for some clients which randomly
> can not access some sites. Then, I can see these error messages in my
> cache.log:
>
> [2004/02/24 13:05:55, 1] utils/ntlm_auth.c:manage_squid_request(1095)
>   fgets() failed! dying..... errno=0 (Error 0)

This should only be seen when Squid is restarting or on "squid -k rotate".

Regards
Henrik