Hello,

The Squid process can only take advantage of 1 CPU, but the redirectors and other stuff can use the other CPU.
You can only bind one squid on the same port on the same ip.......

rgrds,

      Bart
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm running squid in a multi-proccessed server, and i've checked that squid
consumes only one processor, my machine's configuration are:
Dell Power Edge 2550
2 Gb RAM
2 Processors Pentium III 933 Mhz, 256kb cache

Is that a limitation of squid ? Can i make more than you process run and
bind to the same ip/port ?

Obs. I've updated squid but it doesnt balance over the processors.

Thanks in advance,
Moacir

You can find me on Google or Yahoo...
search for "Schelstraete Bart" or "Bart Schelstraete"
Schelstraete Bart
http://www.hansbeke.com
email: bart at schelstraete.org