Hi there,

We are running Squid V2.5 Stable on a Proliant DL380 G3 running Redhat Linux 8 (kernel
2.4.18-19).  Servers have 2.5GB of RAM.  We have a IPrism → Caching → AV
server chain setup (6 of each with 1:1 relationship).  We’ve been in production
mode for over a week now and things have been running extremely well.  That is until
today…

Users attempting to get to either "www.google.com" or "www.yahoo.com"  get misdirected
to other sites (usually inappropriate ones like www.viewmya**.com, etc).

My question is how does one go about troubleshooting a problem like this and how do
you resolve it?

I chose to reboot all six caching servers, rebooted, shutdown Squid, manually cleared
the caches by doing the “echo “” > swap.state”, etc.  That seems
to have resolved the problem but I’m sure it will reappear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

TIA!

Kevin Cavanagh