Hi Herman,

Make sure the Interscan already running on port 80.
Go to the http://x.x.x.x:1812/httpscan.cgi and check the "InterScan HTTP
Proxy port (connects to browser)" value.
And check whether your Interscan already started or not
http://x.x.x.x:1812/isswitch.cgi

I can verify that VirusWall (both Squid and VirusWall are on the same box) is setup to

InterScan HTTP Proxy port (connects to browser): 80
Original HTTP server location:
  InterScan acts as proxy itself.
x Other (server and port): 127.0.0.1 80

Actually, you may test from your browser client by passing squid. Simply
configure you client browser to your proxy IP Address with the Interscan
port (80). If this doesn't work then your interscan is not running.

However when I tried to go to the internet through http://x.x.x.x:80, I see no reply. But /var/log/iscan/log.2004.05.06 does show my attempted connection,

05/06/2004 17:08:53 http[6683]: connection from 127.0.0.1, "GET http://www.slashdot.org/ HTTP/1.0"
05/06/2004 17:08:53 http[6679]: connection from 127.0.0.1, "GET http://www.slashdot.org/ HTTP/1.0"

I'm not sure if it is getting out. I've also added the following lines to squid.conf. May I ask what am I doing wrong?

cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 80 7 default no-query
acl binaries urlpath_regex -i \.exe$ \.zip$ \.vbs$ \.gz$
cache_peer_access 127.0.0.1 allow binaries
never_direct allow binaries

Regards,
Norman