On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Carlos Simbaņa wrote:

I am trying to work with PAM users auth (pam_auth). In my old squid 2.5 stable 1 it works fine but in my squid 2.5 stable 6 not work. I probe with:
*chown root pam_auth*
*chmod u+s pam_auth*

Have you also configured the "squid" PAM service?

but It can't valid the password. What is the problem? There are other encriptation in shadow file?

If the accounts work for logging in to your system then pam_auth works.

or How I can validate from other file?

The easies method to authenticate is to use ncsa_auth. This always uses a separate password file, separating proxy accounts from system accounts.

You can also make Squid connect to pretty much any user directory or authentication service available; LDAP, NT Domain, Novell NDS, Radius, mysql, SASL, NIS, etc...

Regards
Henrik