At 03:26 PM 10/4/2004 +0200, Elsen Marc wrote:

> All, > > I am having trouble being able to retrieve files in the form of: > > ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/updates/6.2/i386/libtiff-3.5.5 -2.i386.rpm

>What else should I look for?

 Things to take into account for IE :

 In advanced internet options :

        - Disable folder view for ftp sites
        - Disable show friendly error messages.

 MS has it's own idea about what 'friendly' means to
 the Internet world :-).

M.

I added port 20, like the previous post suggested. However I am still unable to get files from an ftp link from a website. Because of your comment about Mozilla not being able to retrieve the file, I tried a different file from freshrpms.net. Without the 'friendly' error message, the page just said "Done". No file was retrieved. There is nothing in the log files about this. I dont see an entry in access.log either.

Anything else I am missing?

Adam