From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Re: performance
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 13:53:59 +0200

On 02.10 20:29, Adam Aube wrote:
> If the proxy is slow after the cache fills up, then your system is likely
> running out of RAM and beginning to swap. What is the output of free?

another possibility is that he filled up the filesystem too much,
filesystems usually slow up when they are filled over 90%.

the swap is being used on my system but a little bit like upto 15MB. its a dual 667 pentium machine with 18GB 10000RPM SCSI and 256 RD RAM. there are only 12 clients. is it not enough for 12 clients. there are two cache disks /cache1 and /cache2 both are seperate partitions of 2950MB each and free space is 163MB on both disks. what should i do now. i have set cache_mem 32MB. plz help me out
Regards
Azeem