Scott Mayo wrote:

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Scott Mayo wrote:

I am trying to patch squid with X-Forwarded-For and run into all kinds of trouble. I downloaded squid-2.5.STABLE4 and the patch listed here: http://squid.sourceforge.net/follow_xff/ but when I do the patch and then run bootstrap.sh, I get all kinds of ERRORS and WARNINGS.

What does the first few errors/warnings look like?

I got to looking and there is actually only 1 major issue I guess. The others say that something is deprecated and discouraged.

Can't find autoconf version 2.13
trying version 2.59

If I go to the cvs.devel.squid-cache.org repository and download the correct version of autoconf, will this work? I did not know if I could put an older version of this file in with this version of squid and everything would still be ok.

After reading more about this, I assume that I need to actually go to http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/ and download the correct version of autoconf. Is downgrading to autoconf 2.13 going to effect anything else in my system? I am running Fedora 2.
Thanks Scott

--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.