Yong Bong Fong wrote:

> heres the permission for all the squidguard files on my computer:

-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nobody 388 Nov 24 16:52 squidGuard.log
drwxr-xr-x 12 bfyong bfyong 4096 Dec 25 2002 de-blacklists (folder with all the urls, domains for squidguard.log)

Check the permission of the files inside the blacklist folder, the db-files must be writable by the squid-user (can anybody explain why?)

squid     3728 11.2  1.2  8120 4732 ?        S    08:29   0:00 (squid) -D
squid     3729  0.0  0.0  2492  276 ?        Ss   08:29   0:00 (unlinkd)

there was absolutely no program for squid to work before I added the redirect_program configuration, eveything failed after the sentence was added

Try to start squidGuard on the commandline as the user squid, there is an option to log everything to stdout (sorry, I can't remember and I am not in the office at the moment) - check the docs.

If your are unable to start squidGuard as the squid-user at the commandline there is no use to try this inside the squid.conf.

Regards, Hendrik Voigtländer