Hello Kelly,

From the man page for squid_ldap_group:

-f filter
LDAP search filter used to search the LDAP directory for any
matching group memberships. In the filter %u will be replaced
by the user login name (or DN if the -F or -u options are used)
and %g by the requested group name.

-F filter
LDAP search filter used to search the LDAP directory for any
matching users. In the filter %s will be replaced by the user
login name. If % is to be included literally in the filter then
use %%.

The lower case dash f, "-f", is a filter used to match group records from your LDAP database.

The upper cas dash F, "-F", is a filter used to match user records from your LDAP database.

As for the definition I defined and used here at KCL, I allow two different styles of user name recognition when replying to a proxy challenge. One is by the user's identifier (UID) the other is by the user's E-Mail address.

 external_acl_type ldap_group %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_group -h ldap.komatsu.ca -p 389 -P -b
o=komatsu -F "(|(uid=%s)(mail=%s))" -f
"(&(cn=%g)(uniquemember=%u)(objectClass=groupOfUniqueNames))"

If your LDAP schema uses a different tag for the user identifier than "uid", you may want to consider using the "-F" option.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the delayed reply. Last week became quite busy...

Tim

Timothy E. Neto
Computer Systems Engineer         Komatsu Canada Limited
Ph#: 905-625-6292 x265            1725B Sismet Road
Fax: 905-625-6348                 Mississauga, Canada
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]          L4W 1P9

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi Tim -

Looking over what you sent me, I have made a few changes.

First, I have taken port 21 out of Safe_ports, since I don't want free
access to FTP downloads.

What is going on in your squid_ldap_auth line?  what is the difference
between "-F" and "-f"?  the man page does not even mention -F.

I have modified my set thus far:

------------ external_acl_type ldap_group %LOGIN /usr/sbin/squid_ldap_group -b ou=techsvc,o=gps -D cn=squid,ou=global,o=gps -w <pass> -f "(&(cn=%s)(groupMembership=cn=RestrictedInternetAccess,ou=techsvc,o=gps))" -h FS-GPS1.GPS

acl Restricted port 20 21 1025-65535

acl RestrictedUsers external ldap_group RestrictedInternetAccess
acl OpenUsers external ldap_group InternetAccess

http_access allow Restricted OpenUsers
http_access deny !Safe_ports

Am I doing something wrong with the external_acl_type line?

Kelly Connor
Network Technician
Gilbert Unified School District
[EMAIL PROTECTED]