vmstat is one utility that will help here.  It should be included in your
system install.  Another utility that likely isn't included is iostat
(http://linux.inet.hr/).  Information on using these two utilities is
available on RedHat's site
(http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/admin-primer/s1-bandw
idth-rhlspec.html).  To the best of my knowledge, none of the information on
that page is RedHat specific.

> Have a nice day, Ow,
> Marji

Chris