Hello Henrik,

Did try to look around to see how to proceed, but did not reach the desired outcome. Saw the code for the text_backend.c file and realised that you need to insert an additional parameter '-c' in the squid.conf file for tthe 'digest_auth program ' parameter.

Still things did not work, but it was obviously not using name:password any more, so probably something wrong with the password encryption scheme. The code mentions MD5 passwords. So does this mean that htdigest passwords are not the same?

Can you provide some more direct help please? Even if there is a link to some detailed docs it may help, since this is not my area of expertise. I have searched a fair bit on the web, in the conf file and experimented a bit as well but have been unable to reach the intended goal.

Thanks

Glenn Baptista