On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Eric Belhomme wrote:

But if I can suggest something, the man page sould be updated to
explicitly say that squid_ldap_auth wait for a couple of login/passwd
separated by a space. Maybe I'm stupid but a spend many hours to
understand that...

This is documented in the auth_param directive in squid.conf, which defines the scope squid_ldap_auth is working under..

        "program" cmdline
        Specify the command for the external authenticator.  Such a program
        reads a line containing "username password" and replies "OK" or
        "ERR" in an endless loop.

And also in the Squid FAQ at a number of places.

But yes, adding a small section to the squid_ldap_auth manpage on how to test the function of the helper outside of Squid would be useful. Suggestions on what to say is welcome, preferably as a patch to the manpage source (yes I am a lazy person).

Regards
Henrik