At 07:07 p.m. 18/01/2005, forgetful tan wrote:
hi,all

I'm using squid 3.0 's vhost mode. I set some domain name as cache_peers with the originserver option as follow :
cache_peer myhost.domain parent 80 0 originserver default
But all the access log I got is kind of MISSes (TCP_MISS, TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS).

If I set "always_direct allow myhost.domain" , I got all the http traffic to myhost in DIRECT mode.

Didn't I set the proper configuration ? Or can't I got this pages cached ?

I'm seeing the same thing on a customer system (everything retrieved from the backend server is always TCP_MISS/304 even though it definitely is cacheable), but was holding back till I'd done some more investigation. I am using a very old snapshot (about -PRE3). I can't upgrade as more recent versions seem to be very unstable right now :(

I have a recollection of this problem being fixed at some point but it must have been far far back, wish me luck finding the patch.....................

reuben