Hi,

At 03:42 a.m. 25/01/2005, Alexander Shopov wrote:
Hi guys,

After reading the FAQ, searching on google, reading viSofts manual, and the Squid Documentation project, extensive experimenting and then wiretrapping with Etereal, I still cannot get the result I want with Squid.
I want to *force* a particular refresh pattern on some objects (*.gif,*.js) from some servers.

I want all gifs from some servers to be refreshed no earlier than 12 minutes after they went into the cache *regardless* of the settings of the web server and the commands of the client:

I tried with the following setting:

refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
refresh_pattern -i .*\.gif$ 12 100% 12 override-expire override-lastmod reload-into-ims ignore-reload
refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320

But then whenever the user client generates a request for a gif object, squid first checks whether the object is stale by generating a request to the server. I do not it to do so for at least 12 minutes, I want squid to return the object immediately.

Can anyone give me advice?

What version of squid are you using?

Can you post the full section out of your access.log, of a request where this happens, with
log_mime_hdrs on

(Just post 1 request logged)

Reuben