From:   Chris Robertson [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Friday, February 04, 2005 12:22 PM
To:     squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject:        RE: [squid-users] AKAMAI.NEt showing up in Squid Logs

-----Original Message-----
From: Hunter, Jess [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 8:44 AM
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: [squid-users] AKAMAI.NEt showing up in Squid Logs

After reviewing my squid logs I noticed that one of the users kept
access
the following site: a248.e.akamai.net:443. I ran Anti-virus and Spybot
S&D
but it did not show anything on the workstation. I have tried to
research
the removal of this errant cache service and cannot find any removal
instructions.  I know this is a little off topic, but has anyone else
had
this same issue pop up in there Squid logs and if you have, how did you
correct it.

Thanks In Advance

I'm not sure if you are aware, but akamai is a distributed caching service that a lot of sites and ISPs use to distribute content. An example is Apple.com's movie trailers. It would not surprise me if one of the larger banks (or something like eBay) is using akamai to serve images for their secure pages. If you want to block this request, something like the following should work (assuming you have the CONNECT method acl still in your squid.conf):

acl akamai dst_domain .akamai.net
http_access deny CONNECT akamai

This will block all secure requests to akamai.  Be ready for calls if you
implement this.

Chris