Hi

Can Squid 3 (PRE3-20050209) be made to do the following:

Client -- HTTP --> Squid 3 ---> HTTPS with client certificate ---> HTTP proxy ----> HTTPS ---> HTTPS Server

i.e. a client talks HTTP to Squid, it encrypts the communication using SSL, authenticates to the remote HTTPS server using a client certificate (and key), communicating with the remote HTTPS server across conventional HTTP proxies (, such as 'normal' Squids, using the CONNECT method).

If so, how? I've read some pointers to cache_peer and http_port, but I haven't yet seen how to route the traffic _across_ an upstream proxy _to_ the final destination.

I'd be very grateful for any insights.

Cheers,
Tobias