On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, richard wrote:

I'm not seeing log entries from shorewall, or squid/access.log, but I'm getting connection refused from firefox on the remote machine, unfortunately its running winxp. not my machine !

Is Squid running?

Any errors in cache.log?

Does cache.log show that Squid is listenint to the port numbers you expect it to?

Is the browser configured to use the same ports?

http_port 127.0.0.1:3128

Are you sure about this? This makes Squid listen on the loopback interface only, not available to network clients..

Ah.. you are using a setup like client -> dansguardian -> squid, and what is failing is the connecion client -> dansguardian.

Is dansguardian running and listening on the ports and interfaces you expect?

Regards
Henrik