On 16.03 11:11, "José J. Cintrón" wrote:
> When I try to download a file using wget
>
>       wget ftp://ftp.site.com/file-???-x86.exe
>
> I get the following error message
>
> 502 Bad Gateway
>
> Now, if I specify a specific file
>
>       wget ftp://ftp.site.com/file-001-x86.exe
>
> it all works great.

I'd say you can't use wildcard expansion when using http proxy, if your
client doesn't support such thing. I don't know which FTP clients do.

Also, you can't fetch more files with one request. wget does not support
this.

Wildcard expantion and fetching multiple objects are features of FTP
protocol/clients.
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
- Have you got anything without Spam in it?