On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Sergey Chistyakov wrote:

I am trying to configure my cache for next thing:
All downloads from nets of our city are unlimited.
All another downloads mast be limited by delay pool.

As i read many tims - it is must work.
Where is mistake?

Your configuration looks syntactically correct. But due to the implementation of delay_access it is however not reliable on acls requiring an external lookup of any kind (DNS, helper, ident lookups etc).

I tryied many variations of this delay pool.
I checked acl city_nets - its works. (http_access deny city_nets is work
perfect)

What you can do to limit the effect of the above is to cause http_access to evaluate the information needed

http_access deny city_nets !all

just before where you allow the requests.

but even without this Squid should learn and the next request(s) to the same destination should be processed properly.

After reading this mail list, i know - pools works only with "fast"
acl. But dst acl is fast - no need some axtra doing for this acls.

Squid needs to do a DNS lookup to get the destination IP address from the host name in the request.

Regards
Henrik