On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Awie wrote:

All,

I just built Squid proxy (2.5S9 + patches) on Linux 2.4.30 with ReiserFS.
Squid was unable to load immediately after system boot. Below the message I
got.

Around 10-15 seconds after boot, I can load Squid and it will run very well.

Please advise to solve such problem. Many thanks for your help.

2005/04/21 00:31:05| Set Current Directory to /cache/logs
FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

Please get a stracktrace of the error as per the instructions in the Squid FAQ On how to report bugs.

This applies to all "Segment Violation" errors.

Regards
Henrik