It works! Thank you! Just one more question (more in the programming area). The accelerator sends the username in base64. Can I use the ident.sh to convert it to "English" before echoing it back? If so, what I would I use for the code to accomplish it.

Thank you
Ryan Lamberton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Henrik Nordstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ryan Lamberton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Henrik Nordstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Squid Users" <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 1:31 AM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] external_acl_type with http request header question

On Tue, 10 May 2005, Ryan Lamberton wrote:

Still not working...OK I have:

external_acl_type propel_header_auth %{Hdr:member} /etc
/squid/ident.sh x-pun:user

#
Is the "%{Hdr:member}" exactly what I need there?  And is
"x-pun:user" needed on the end (x-pun is the header name)?
How is the header looked up and passed to the ident.sh program?

Then you should use

%{x-pun}

The %{header:member} thing is if you for example want the cache-control max-age parameter value. The format is then %{Cache-control:max-age}

acl propel_auth external propel_header_auth x-pun

You don't need any arguments in the acl unless you want these to be sent to the helper in addition to the format string details.

Regards
Henrik