On Wed, 11 May 2005, D & E Radel wrote:

I added the append_domain option in Squid. This worked, however not without problems. We have *two* domains with lengthy names. When using append_domain, it blindly adds the single domain suffix to any computer name without dots. If the computer is a member of another Whereas what I need is a correct DNS lookup search because of our two domains. If one DNS lookup fails, try the next domain suffix, etc.

Is this do-able?

You can do this with the help of a redirector. When seeing a request for a simple host name, make a DNS lookup to find the full hostname and then return a redirect to the full URL.

Regards
Henrik