Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

On 25.05 19:32, Askar Ali wrote:
would someone spare sometime to suggest me good mount options for cache_dir partition for reiserfs fs.

Atm i'm using the below for my cache_dir partition is this the correct or some guru could suggest thing better..
$cat /etc/fstab

dev/sda6 /cache1 reiserfs rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,notail,block-allocator=noborder 0 2

I think they are just OK. What is probably most inportand is "noatime" and
for reiserfs "notail" and "noborder"

However, some researches documented that reiserfs is not good FS for things
like squid cache and that ext3 is faster...

hi Matus

thanks for your reply, as far as I heard and read

reiserfs kinda good fs for squid cache (skipping details). However I will keep
your point in ma mind for future reference.

Thanks and regards

Askar