To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] tune up

On 30.05 07:49, Wennie V. Lagmay wrote:
Another question, regarding file system, Im using reisersfs for my cache
partition and I've read that ext3 is faster than reiserfs,

well, some people did tests that showed ext2 is faster. that does not
necessarily mean it is really faster :)

If it so, is there a way or an option to make reiserfs as fast as ext3?
what are the parameters to be used for fstab to make reiserfs fast?

generic option noaccess to disable updating access times, and reiserfs
option notail and probably noborder.

In your experience which is the best file system for squid?

I use FreeBSD, therefore I'm kinda limited to its ufs (with softupdates)
;)

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Chernobyl was an Windows 95 beta test site.