Dieter Bloms schrieb:

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 17, Frank Wagner wrote:

unterstützt der Proxy auch einen Parent? Wie geschrieben, muss
der auf die VirusWall (ftp proxy) kommen können.

the question was:

does the proxy supports parent configuration  ?

No it doesn't, but the Viruswall can do it.

Client -> Viruswall -> proxy-suite -> internet

This kind of configuration works since several years for us.

for further information please subscribe to the mailing list listed on
the homepage of that project.

For design reason that does not work for us.

Our ftp proxy should be on one host in the internal network. the same host as the http (squid) proxy lies on. the viruswall stands in the dmz. the reason why is, because users should connect from one proxy host to the dmz. we don't want to let all ip adresses from the intranet through the firewall.

so the proxy must support parent and user authentification. i didn't see that kind of proxy for unix servers. tell me if i'm wrong. but only squid has maybe the possibiliy to proxy ftp with user authentication and parent proxy. so my question is, if i can configure squid to do so.

maybe some clients work good enough with squid and the ftp proxy possibilities.

Thanks for you interrest.

Frank