Joe Acquisto said:
> I cannot connect to some sites that have valid url.  Also, have instituted
> some ACL's, which don't appear to work.

What URLs? ACLs? What error do you get? Without information, no one can
help you...

> To attempt to determine why, I set squid.conf to "debug_options ALL,1
> 38,2" and did an "rcsquid restart", then tried to access the site.  I did
> not see additional debug info in the log.  Tried rcsquid stop then rcsquid
> start.  Still no joy.  Changed to "debug_options ALL,1 38,2 28,9" and did
> restart.  Still no additional info.

Perhaps the browser has the site in a proxy exclusion list, so the request
never reaches Squid. But without more information, I can't really give
anything useful.

> SUSe 8, v2.4STABLE7-93

Quite antique version. Is there a special reason you're not using 2.5?

Joost