I've made a new 2.5.STABLE10 squid and squid debian package. I took the debian
unstable package as starting point and include the  follow_xff patch (see:
http://squid.sourceforge.net/projects.html#follow_xff).
After lots of efforts I managed to  build a new package. Furthermore I used a
logging
patch for xforward (see
http://dansguardian.org/downloads/squidxforwardloggingpatch.txt)

All seems to go well:
    squid -v
    Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE10
    configure options:  --prefix=/usr --exec_prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/sbin --
    sbindir=/usr/sbin --libexecdir=/usr/lib/squid --sysconfdir=/etc/squid --
    localstatedir=/var/spool/squid --datadir=/usr/share/squid --enable-async-io
--
    with-pthreads --enable-storeio=ufs,aufs,diskd,null --enable-linux-netfilter
--enable-

During the build there there are no errors and this message is in the log:
    follow X-Forwarded-For enabled
So I assume the --enable-follow-x-forwarded-for is working.

After installing the new squid when I try to configure it in squid.conf:
    follow_x_forwarded_for allow localhost
I got an errormessage:
    ParseConfigFile: line 1911 unrecognized: 'follow_x_forwarded_for allow
localhost'

What went wrong? Any ideas?

Met vriendelijke groet/Regards,
Ruud Baart