Robert Borkowski wrote:
Gix, Lilian (CI/OSR) * wrote:

The server has 1G of RAM (only 100M for squid)

2005/11/02 10:07:05| Max Mem  size: 102400 KB
                                    ^^^^^^
I asked about memory because of this line...

Two possibilities
1) The kernel is killing off squid because there's no VM left. What's in /proc/meminfo ? 2) There's a process ulimit that squid hits and it gets killed off that way. Check for ulimit
   in /etc/profile or the squid startup script

In either case, you need to lower the amount of memory used by squid to below whatever the limit is.

I was hoping for some 'out of memory', or 'OOM killer', or 'zero order allocation' errors in the dmesg output.
If they're not there then the second (ulimit) possibility is most likely.

Heh. Haven't had enough coffee this morning. I read that as 1GB, not 100MB.
My bad. Still worth checking out the swap setup and ulimits though.

--
Robert Borkowski