Pamela Rock wrote:
Hi all,

Bare with me this is a bit long. I've been running production squid 2.5Stable10 on a Red Hat ES 3
platform for about two weeks now.  Yesterday the
server crashed and I haven't been able to find a good
solution or cause for that matter.  I'm hoping someone
in this forum can shed some light as to why Squid
crashed and what the correct resolution is.   I have
not been able to find a good reason or solution as to
what happened.

We are running Squid with Smart Filter and Heartbeat
on the Linux platform quoted above.

I would think that you'll need to either take this up with Secure Computing as part of your commercial support or retest it without SmartFilter and report back if the problem still occurs.

Assuming that SmartFilter is a patch for squid, shouldn't that be released under the GPL, too? In which case we'd be able to take a look and see what they've hacked?

HTH,

                                Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Westland Helicopters Ltd.       http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.