Hi,

Kinkie wrote:
On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 10:20 -0800, Ben Drees wrote:
Squid is much more mature, for example with respect to:
- Support for inter-cache protocols
- Support for specific client and server idiosyncrasies
- Logging and diagnostics (at least in relation to reverse proxy
caching)
- Access Control

My 2p worth - we currently use Squid as a forward proxy for about 3000 users and were using it with RADIUS authentication as a reverse proxy for providing external access to some of our systems.

Due to some of the commercial backend systems we are using, we need to perform HTML rewriting to map everything into a single name space for certificate and authentication reasons.

We are now using Apache 2.0.x with mod_proxy_html and mod_auth_xradius and don't have any issues with it.

Adding in the HTML rewriting to squid that we needed was non-trivial.

YMMV, HTH,

                                Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Westland Helicopters Ltd.       http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.