* Jason Bassett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am therefore looking for the easiest and most time effective method
> of blocking rooms when required.  Hostnames seemed to be the best way.
>
> Any ideas on this issue?

Restricting access an a per user Basis can also be done... just install
an ident daemon with your netlogon script and forbid / allow access,
based on them. Ident daemons are availably for most (all?) Openrating Systems...

I have written a redirector, were you can allow / disallow access to
users / hosts per webinterface on-the-fly ... maybe that's also an point
:)

See http://www.mcmilk.de/projects/squidwall/ for more information about
the redirector.

--