[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Define the location of the pre-built databas in the configuration file of
squidguard.

Example:

destination porn {
            domainlist        porn/domains
            urllist           porn/urls
            expressionlist    porn/expressions
            log               porn.log
}

Mit freundlichem Gruß/Yours sincerely
Werner Rost
GMT-FIR - Netzwerk
ZF Boge Elastmetall GmbH
 Friesdorfer Str. 175
 53175 Bonn
Deutschland/Germany Telefon/Phone +49 228 3825 - 420
 Telefax/Fax +49 228 3825 - 398
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I think I've got it working now, it certainly starts up much quicker even when I configure 10 squidGuard processes.

I have set up the following running on a weekly cron job as root to download new blacklists and create the database just once a week (watch out for the line wraps):

# This is Brian's blacklist update script

cd ~

rm -f -f bl.tar.gz

wget -O bl.tar.gz http://ftp.tdcnorge.no/pub/www/proxy/squidGuard/contrib/blacklists.tar.gz

tar --ungzip --extract --exclude=*.diff --directory=/var/lib/squidGuard/db --verbose -f bl.tar.gz

rm -f -f bl.tar.gz

wget -O bl.tar.gz ftp://ftp.univ-tlse1.fr/pub/reseau/cache/squidguard_contrib/blacklists.tar.gz

tar --ungzip --extract --exclude=*.diff --directory=/var/lib/squidGuard/db --verbose -f bl.tar.gz

rm -f -f bl.tar.gz

chown -R squid:nogroup /var/lib/squidGuard/db

/usr/sbin/squidGuard -C all

chown -R squid:nogroup /var/lib/squidGuard/db

/usr/sbin/squid -k reconfigure

#Script Ends

The squid.conf file seems to be okay exactly as it was. The squidGuard processes seem to know to use the databases rather than the text files.

Does this look reasonable?

--

Brian Gregory.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]