Now it works from the local machine that is actually running squid, but when I try to SSH using Putty into the squid host I get nothing. I am forwarding port 3128 with Putty and setting the brower to use localhost:3128 for proxy.

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong but I thought if I used SSH to connect to the squid host it would appear as a local connection and the acl for localhost for work.

Did I totally miss that?

Thanks, Michael