Jamshid KP wrote:

HI,

In my company we are using Fedora Core 2 as Operating System and
Squid-2.5and Proxy server. I wish to delay the bandwidth of
somewebsites through Squid. Please help me to find out where will I
put the URL of websites in Squid.conf delay the bandwidth

One more matter also. Is there any other way like..creating a file and
adding website URL's in that file instaead of editing squid.conf file
everytime to delay the bnadwidth

Hello Jamshid,

Delay pools provide a way to limit the bandwidth of certain requests based on any list of criteria. The idea came from a Western Australian university who wanted to restrict student traffic costs (without affecting staff traffic, and still getting cache and local peering hits at full speed).

For more details visit: http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/MiscFeatures?highlight=%#head-fd9b4b7ba1854a3c21796173af9d0b9aee33e376

Thanks,
Visolve Squid Team
http://www.visolve.com/squid/