I've got the same kind of thing going and I have it working with sibling-mode (not parent). Might want to check your firewall stuff and make sure that each squid is listening on 3130 for peer requests (forget what the option is).

My problem is what happens when the real server behind the proxies dies? How does squid handle a failure like that?

- Steve

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Jose Octavio de Castro Neves Jr wrote:

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:00:52 -0300
From: Jose Octavio de Castro Neves Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: [squid-users] Load Balancing Squids

Hey Guys,

I have a situation here. I have a load balancer sending the requests
to two differents squids. I tryied to use cache_peer with proxy only
option, but I get TCP Denied.

What should I do on both confs? Add both as parents with proxy only
option or what?

Thanxs in advance,

JOC

--
Steve Webb - Sr. Linux System Administrator
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]