Mohan wrote:
I am using squid 2.6 and I
need to setup transparent caching for a webserver running on a port
other than 80. We have a webserver running on port 2000 . I have spent
quite a number of hours trying to figure out in changing this default
setting. Is there a way to change this ?

First off, are you really trying to do interception proxy (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InterceptionProxy, often mistaken for transparent proxy), or are you attempting acceleration (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy)?

The first would likely require changes to your firewall rules. The latter would require changes to how Squid is set up. Hopefully your questions will be answered in the links provided.

Chris