tis 2007-01-02 klockan 13:12 +0300 skrev Odhiambo WASHINGTON:
> Now, for the purpose of getting access statitics for the websites being
> accelerated
[...]
> Now, when I check the Apache logs, there are no details of the actual
> hosts accessing the website:

Shouldn't you base such statistics on the Squid logs instead?

> Is there something that I need to put in squid.conf so that it can
> "forward" to apache the actual details (IP, name) of the connecting
> host for logging?

As Adrian said it's already done and more a matter of adjusting your
Apache configuration to actually log the correct details.

If you want to have Apache access rules based on the source IP then it's
a little tricker, but there is patches to Apache for doing that.

> I'd like to be able generate access stats for the websites using
> apache logs.

Which will not be very representative access stats as you have the Squid
as accelerator in front skewing the access pattern on the Apache
noticeably..

Regards
Henrik